OUR COMMITMENT TO THE EARTH
As a family-owned business, it is highly important to us to preserve our planet for future generations. Eco-responsible practices have been at the core of our company philosophy since it was founded more than 35 years ago. We are a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council and continuously strive to find new ways to improve our manufacturing practices to have a positive impact on our planet.
Built to last = less waste
At Hickory Home we are committed to building products that last a lifetime, using only the finest materials and time-tested manufacturing techniques. The longer our products last, the less sofas make it to the landfill.
Conserving natural resources
Environmentally responsible materials
- Seat Cushions – Made with Preserve Foam (20% soy-based), fiber wrap (80% regenerated fiber), feather and down filling and cotton ticking
- Foam Padding – made with Preserve Foam (20% soy-based), fiber wrap (80% regenerated fiber)
- Seat Deck Pad & Trim Pad – made with 80% regenerated fiber
- Cotton Padding – made from 100% recycled product
- Finishing – water-based finishes
- Springs & Strapping – made from 98% recycled steel
- Sleeper & Swivel Mechanisms – made from 95% recycled steel with water-based paint.
- Fabrics – we offer a selection of fabrics made from natural fibers as well as recycled materials
- Packaging – 100% recycled cardboard